Saturday 7 June 2014

First Post: Reason for this Blog

One of my Birthday presents this year was a Maplin Raspberry Pi Kit, plus a case in which to house the Raspberry Pi itself.

The kit consists of a Raspberry Pi Model B, full size USB keyboard, USB optical 3 button scroll mouse, powered 4 port USB Hub, 4GB SD card pre-loaded with the Raspbian (Debian Linux) operating system, an N150 Wi Fi USB Nano dongle, 2.1A USB mains adaptor (to power the RPi), USB to Micro USB cable (for the power supply to RPi), and an HDMI cable.

I followed the instructions to connect up the kit, and got the RPi working with the living room Smart TV. At the time the WiFi connected to my BT HomeHub, but wouldn't stay connected. More about this in a later post.

Since then I've acquired a Samsung SyncMaster B1940 monitor that was destined for the skip, but is fully working. I had a little trouble connecting it up, and getting it to work, but that too is now sorted and is working OK. The WiFi connection is working too.

So I've decided to start this Blog, as a means of recording what I've done to get whatever I'm doing with the RPi working, and also to share that information.

No comments:

Post a Comment